Catalogue

Monday, September 26, 2016

Art 3: Base Game Model Recording





For this week's update I recorded myself creating a 3D model that I plan to use in a future project.
At this point in time I was still working on Tank Top Venus, now available to play here.

Regarding the video. I got a bit experimental in a few segments, so it's by no means a speed modeling video. The model being created is meant to be used as a base for other human characters in the game, so its main purpose is flexibility. I chose a female form for the fact that it is easier to transition it into a male form rather than vice versa. Removing features is easier than adding them on.

The model was made using Blender. The main tools I used were: Extrude (E), Fill (F), merge (W/ alt+M), and wide select (C). The initial cube already has a mirror modifier applied to it, as that is the default scene I have set up for myself. For a more detailed explanation of Blender's main tools, I made this video a long time ago explaining them.

No comments:

Post a Comment